[bugreport] Two slashes should not indicate remote machine or special directory

Hey all,

In Cygwin (the CVS version), it seems paths starting with two slashes are "special paths" for accessing remote machines or bypassing the mount table.

This however is incompatible with Linux, where i.e. //etc is a valid path. See, for example: (`ls` indicators removed for readability)

---------- Cygwin behaviour ---------
# ls -d /etc/*bash*
/etc/bash.bashrc      /etc/bash_completion.d/
/etc/bash_completion  /etc/bash_completion.d.old/
# ls -d //etc/*bash*
//etc/*bash*
---------- Linux behaviour ----------
# ls -d /etc/*bash*
/etc/bash.bashrc  /etc/bash_completion  /etc/bash_completion.d
# ls -d //etc/*bash*
//etc/bash.bashrc  //etc/bash_completion  //etc/bash_completion.d

In my opinion, the Cygwin-Windows integration is fine in that i.e. "ls e:/" works fine. However, when Linux and Windows behaviour start to conflict, such as in this case, IMO Linux behaviour should be preferred above Windows behaviour. Therefore, I'm suggesting to remove "//" as a special path from conv_to_win32_path.

- Sjors