[resolved] Rsync (daemon) cannot see loopback connections IP address as "127.0.0.1"

cuicui a écrit :
Hello,

I'm trying to use rsync over SSH without the "-e ssh" option. The idea is to make rsync --daemon bind on the loopback on the Cygwin box and to connect to this box with a tunnel:

ssh -L 873:localhost:873 user@cygwin_box

On the Cygwin Box, the file /etc/rsync.conf contains:

[d_drive]
        read only = yes
        path = /cygdrive/d/
        hosts allow = 127.0.0.1

To backup the Cygwin box, this simple command should do the trick:

rsync -avz localhost::d_drive /path

This is a simple use of a SSH tunnel.

Unfortunately, on the cygwin box, rsync sees the loopback connection (from the SSH tunnel) from its own public IP address instead of "127.0.0.1".

So the /etc/rsync.conf should be:

[d_drive]
        read only = yes
        path = /cygdrive/d/
        hosts allow = <real_IP_address_instead_of_loopback_address>

It works but I'd like to backup a lot of Cygwin boxes and having to fill the "hosts allow" line with a non-generic static value is quite disturbing.

How can I make rsync seeing local/tunnel connections as "127.0.0.1"?

Mmmm, my SSH tunnel wasn't good, I did:

ssh -L 873:cygwin_box:873 user@cygwin_box instead of

ssh -L 873:localhost:873 user@cygwin_box

Sorry about that, problem solved.

Nicolas

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner
suspect n'a ete trouve.