Re: Signal handling in WIN32 console programs

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 05:10:34AM -0500, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jan 22 18:05, avadekar@certicom.com wrote:

> > > The operative term here is, once again, "Windows Console".  A pure
> > > Windows program running in MinTTY or rxvt does not have a windows
> > > console and so won't see the type of SIGINT that the windows console
> > > generates.
> >
> > Is there something that I could do inside the native application code to catch
> > what it is getting?  I've tried SetConsoleCtrlhandler, but that also never
> > gets invoked prior to the process termination.
>
> No.  The Cygwin tty apps like rxvt and MinTTY are using POSIX signal
> handling.  The implementation for that only exists in Cygwin and only
> Cygwin applications are able to deal with them.
>
> Corinna

It seems that it ought to map to something, or else it wouldn't actually do
anything.  But given that you say I can't do what I'm trying within the posix
shell, I suppose I could have the application open its own console (which would
be native), and then a Ctrl-C in that window would presumably do what I want.