Status of Compatibility with Windows Server 2008 (2k8)

Hello,

I am considering upgrading my 2k3 installation to 2k8. I currently use
cygwin for basic utilities: mainly lighthttpd, sshd and rsync (and the
relative pleasure of using bash instead of cmd).

Could someone on this list give me an idea of what kind of issues to
expect in the transition? I read through the archives and there are a
few issues but those seem to be dated from 2007 and earlier.

-Oren

PS. The compiled answer could perhaps go into the FAQ for future use.