Re: Hosting the Debian/kCygwin port?

Hello,

Just a comment about the debian-win32 project: I can read from the list
archive that the main issue was that the VFS doesn't allow to remove or
to overwrite through mv a file in use.  IIRC that issue got fixed not so
many months ago in cygwin, and I can confirm that it now seems to work:

$ cat test.c
#include <fcntl.h>
int main(void) {
	int fd = open("blip", O_RDONLY);
	pause();
}
$ gcc test.c -o test
$ touch blip
$ ./test &
$ rm blip
$ touch blip
$ ./test &
$ touch blop
$ mv blop blip

So maybe debian-win32 could just be awaken since the barring issue seems gone?

Samuel