Re: libapr1 in cygwin

On 1/18/2009 10:44 AM, David Rothenberger wrote:
On 1/18/2009 8:29 AM, Daniel Stonier wrote:
I've been running into a few hitches with libapr1 and libapr1-util on
cygwin. Namely another package I need requires liblog4cxx to have
these libraries available statically and I noticed the cygwin build of
libapr1/libapr1-util disables these. Is there any reason why they're
avoided?

I recall that the build failed when static libraries were enabled. I don't recall how. I'll try it again and see if I can debug it.

I think I've found the problem. I'll issue a new release of the libapr1 packages that include the static libraries in the -devel package.

AFAICT, the libaprutil1 packages already include the static libraries.

user, n.:
        The word computer professionals use when they mean "idiot."
                -- Dave Barry, "Claw Your Way to the Top"

[I always thought "computer professional" was the phrase hackers used
 when they meant "idiot."  Ed.]