Re: 1.5.25: Vista x64 - can't install, no (known) BLODAs, rebase not helping

Alexander Smith wrote:

> I am running Vista Home Premium x64. After checking the BLODA
> <http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda>, I
> turned off Windows Defender. I also tried running rebaseall, but
> that still didn't help. Below is a list of the steps I followed
> to try to install cygwin, and the errors I got. I also had
> trouble running cygcheck (see #7, below).

> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node\Wow6

Yep, happens every time on My Vista 64b HP.

> This is NOT an accurate reflection of what my registry looks
> like. I have a registry key
> "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Wow6432Node" and its
> only contents are a single key called "Microsoft".

Yep, I've reported this before.

Also, 'cygcheck' still indicates that Vista is unsupported, and
AFAIK, that's no longer true.

AFAIK, there are certain Cygwin package (initial?) installs that
can't be accomplished on Vista (32b or 64b) without turning off
UAC (User Account Control).

See: Control Panel / User Accounts / Turn User Account Control On or Off
Reboot (What Microsoft OSs do best, or at least most frequently ;-))

Good luck, Mr. Phelps,

Lee