Re: fetchmail pops up console windows

On 2009-01-13, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Gary,
>
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 11:23:08PM -0800, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > On 2008-02-22, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> > > This still bugs me. fetchmail pops up console windows when
> > > delivering mails to procmail.  It doesn't matter if I run fetchmail
> > > directly from the commandline (in my case in a rxvt window under X)
> > > or as a service.
> >
> > > Any hint what could cause this popup windows is appreciated. I'm
> > > running under XP SP2 with the latest packages installed.
> >
> > I'm having the same problem running fetchmail as a daemon from the
> > command line.  Were you able to find a solution?
>
> FWIW, I don't have this problem when running fetchmail as a service.

I saw that in an earlier post and tried to follow the instructions
in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/fetchmail-6.3.9.README, but I get this
result:

    $ cygrunsrv --install fetchmail --path /usr/bin/fetchmail --env HOME="$HOME" --user "$USERDOMAIN\\$USERNAME" '-w ' --args '--daemon 300 --nodetach' --shutdown

    $ cygrunsrv -S fetchmail
    cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
    The service did not start due to a logon failure.

I have both cron and sshd running as services, so that much works,
but they may be running as the system user (whatever it's called).
I don't know how to diagnose this sort of failure.

Regards,
Gary