Re: MinTTY "vs" rxvt (was Re: MinTTY 0.3.3)

Paul McFerrin wrote:
I've been using rxvt for years as my main terminal and just tried using minTTY and really prefer not to use it. You see I'm and old man with poor eye sight. The visual attributes of minTTY aren't the same that I use with rxvt. The Lucida Console (white foreground on black) has less contrast as the same font on rxvt. If I make it bold, it approaches nearly the same brightness as rxvt but a little more blurry. These featurea don't go with poor vision.

The text foreground colour can be changed on the "Looks" page of the options. The default is a light grey (191,191,191) in order to leave room for the bright attribute. Setting it to proper white (255,255,255) might make a difference. Regarding blurriness, it might be worth trying the different font smoothing methods (none, anti-aliased, "ClearType").

Andy