Re: MinTTY 0.3.3

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

What is the native Windows look and feel other than the Window frame?

- scrollbar
- right-click menu (also reachable via menu key)
- options dialog, with font and colour selectors
- copy&paste behaviour (copy-on-demand, Ctrl-Ins copies, shift-left click extends)
- drag&drop

and the options dialog (which among other things allows you to configure it in an Xish way).
What could be more Xish then X Resources, which rxvt pays total attention to?

That point wasn't about rxvt. I was just saying that you're not
stuck with Windows-style behaviour in MinTTY. (Btw, the options dialog
isn't compulsory either; MinTTY can be configured via .minttyrc, although that's in need of documentation.)

And just a little helping of eye candy:
- Window transparency (which can be disabled when the window is active).
There's transparency with rxvt too. Try -ip.

From the manpage: -ip|+ip Turn on/off inheriting parent window's pixmap. Alternative is -tr; resource inheritPixmap.

Now I don't really understand what that's supposed to mean, but I'm pretty sure it's not proper alpha blending. In any case, all that option achieves on my Vista machine is to make window moves and resizes very slow.

- Fullscreen mode.
My rxvt maximizes. What you mean there's still a window frame? Doesn't bother me. And the amount of times when I really want to waste all of my screen real estate on one window can be counted on one hand...

Different people, different preferences. MinTTY inherited that feature from PuTTY, and I didn't see any reason to remove it. Actually I rather like fullscreen mode, not so much for the extra space as for the removal of any visual distractions.

Andy