Re: native emacs and manual page

2008/12/31 peter360:
> I run a native windows build of gnu emacs
> Everything works fine with this set up except one: I cannot view manual
> pages in emacs.  Instead of viewing man pages in cygwin terminal, I like to
> do it in emacs using "M-x man".
> 1 If I start emacs from cmd.exe, then hit say, M-x man ls, I get an error
> message in the minibuffer saying "error in process sentinel: *Man ls*:
> process exited abnormally with code 255

You need to write a path translator and hook it into man.
I had to do this for clisp slime, native xemacs with cygwin clisp.
See http://article.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.slime.devel/2475"; as an example

> 2 If I start emacs from cygwin bash shell, I get a popup window stating
> "c:\Program Files\GNU\emacs-22.3\bin\cmdproxy.exe the NTVDM CPU has
> encoutered an illegal instruction. ...  Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application"

Maybe an illegal path?
Roxio Shared doesn't look good to me. Do you really need that?
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/              http://murbreak.at/