Re: cmd.exe from Cygwin

Thanks for the reply.

> The backslash is an escape character, so you need to get it treated as
> a character somehow - escaping ("\\") or inside quotes works for me:

I'm aware of this.

>> N:\src\CEDAR\GENERIC\base\bsp\hwip_arm\rvemuboard\ct1136\test>cmd /c
>> bldmake bldfiles ARMV6
>> sh: E:SymbianM04765_Symbian_OS_v9.5binTechViewepoc32toolsbldmake.bat:
>> command not found

 If you see above example, all I run is a command 'bldmake' which
neither contain back-slash nor white-space. So there's no need to
quote the file name here. What 'bldmake' really is--whether .bat, .com
or .exe--it's for cmd.exe to find out, of course using %PATH%. In my
case, going by the output, it did locate a .bat file with the name
'bldmake'. However, I suspect, something went wrong in the path
translation. But the 'sh: ' in the error output rings in my head.

Talking about black-slashes: assuming it's a .bat file, as long as the
content is interpreted by cmd.exe, the back-slashes inside the script
shouldn't make a difference.

>> It would suffice--as of now, at least--if I could launch a
>> cmd.exe--separate and independent--window from a Cygwin shell. I could
>> try

Update: I tried with cygstart.exe, I don't see a difference from
starting it with cygstart.exe and the above example. I.e. back-slashes
are truncated and output said 'sh: '.

--
Thanks
Jeenu