Re: MinTTY

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

Andy Koppe wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
I wouldn't mind making MinTTY a regular cygwin package.  It sounds
like it
would get enough votes.
That would be great. I'll need to read up on the package submission
requirements and process. Unless someone would like to volunteer as the
MinTTY package maintainer?

Usually those who write programs especially for Cygwin are their own package maintainers, for obvious reasons. But as this looks quite interesting, I quickly put together a package for Ports which could get you started:

http://cygwin-ports.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/cygwin-ports/ports/trunk/apps/mintty/

Check out this directory, then use cygport to build it.  If you're new
to cygport, the package README is a must-read.

Thank you very much! Yep, I'm entirely new to this, so what with those pesky New Year festivities taking away valuable hacking time it might be a little while to familiarise myself with this packaging lark. :)

Andy