Re: Run a Cygwin (X) app from a DOS command line

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)"
Subject: Re: Run a Cygwin (X) app from a DOS command line

You also need Cygwin's installation path in your Windows PATH variable.

Thanks Larry.  I already had that set up (C:\cygwin\bin) as well as
C:\cygwin\lib but I can still only launch console apps.  When this happened
for the very first time I seem to remember that "rebaseall" sorted it out.
Unfortunately, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem any more.

The required program is clearly getting launched because I can see it in
Task Manager - but it doesn't seem to get as far as putting anything on the
screen.

cygcheck -c reports a few packages as being incomplete (including libX11 and xorg-X11-bin). I might try reinstalling them and see if that improves things.

John