Re: Cygwin 1.7

terry.koontz@tsc.com wrote:
I installed Cygwin 1.7.

I've had a problem with Windows Vista and Cygwin 1.5 and was hoping the
new Cygwin would correct the problem.

I get the following error when I try to run some software that was
developed in house and that uses gcc.

fatal error - MapViewOfFileEx Win32 error 487.

FYI - I can email more info.

That would be good. Here are the guidelines:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

But since error 487 is the symptom of a couple of common issues, let me offer the solutions:

 1. You have DLL base address loading collisions.  Install the 'rebase'
    package, read the readme in '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin', and follow the
    instructions for running 'rebaseall'.

2. <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA>

Holliston, MA 01746