Re: Zsh stopped completing mixed paths with update to 4.3.9

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Hudec, Jan wrote:

Hello,

Hello, Jan,

Since today's update, zsh completion no longer recognizes mixed-style
paths, ie. c:/something instead of /cygdrive/c/something -- that worked
until now and was extremely useful, since all native programs I need
except cmd.exe and all cygwin ones except midnight commander (and I don't

Welcome to my day :-/

Yes, it's already a know issue, but didn't turn up in regular testing
since I don't use DOS drive syntax (why would I?) and it didn't occur to
me to try.  Sloppy testing on my part, I suppose, but the ChangeLog didn't
talking about anything effecting path resolve.

use that) understand them the same. Is there some configuration change
that needs to be done to get it working again or something? I didn't see

Not that I know of (yet). Something changed in the completion system that's conflicting with path resolve. I'm trying to track it down. You could always simply not used compinit? No? Oh well. The Zsh list has already been notified of the problem, but I haven't seen anyone comment yet. In the mean time, simply revert to 4.3.4 and move along. :-)

anything in the changelog (/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/zsh-4.3.9.README).

Because it wasn't a know issue, nor was it expected as such. Stay tuned. Hopefully a workaround will be posted soon.

--
Jan Hudec

-- Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com> "Cats are just autistic Dogs" -- Dr. Tony Attwood