This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Running Linux Application on Windows
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: Cygwin-L <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 04:24:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Running Linux Application on Windows
- References: <email@example.com>
Emil Tan wrote:
Is the documentation kinda wrong?
Yes, but that's something you'll have to take up with the people who
maintain that file, presumably on the Samhain mailing list. Whoever
wrote it doesn't realize that /usr, /home, etc aren't created in c:\,
they're mount(1) aliases for directories that actually live in
c:\cygwin, by default.
And why if I wanna run the application, we must first create a service
first? Is it some kind of permission that have to be set in a Windows
Whoever wrote that document probably doesn't know about cygrunsrv.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html