This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd on vista error "initgroups: Permission denied" (cygwin-1.7)
- From: Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 16:04:44 -0600
- Subject: Re: sshd on vista error "initgroups: Permission denied" (cygwin-1.7)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Herb Maeder wrote:
Any code requiring elevation is obviously already cygwin specific.
How so? There are tools on Linux that are only useful if run as root;
how is that significantly different? (Especially on SELinux systems
where rights are much more complicated than in the traditional UNIX model.)
Please do not quote my e-mail address unobfuscated in message bodies.
C++ is for people who want to be able to not just shoot themselves in
the foot, but do it with a rocket launcher. -- Igor Peshansky
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html