This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Installation Problems Windows XP SP2
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: ashwin sinha <4shw1ns1nh4 at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:40:22 -0500
- Subject: Re: Installation Problems Windows XP SP2
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
ashwin sinha wrote:
For the past couple of days I have been trying to install cygwin on
my computer but to no avail. When I try to install using the third
option(installation from local directory), the application crashes
with an exception report. If i try to install using the first
option(install from the internet), I get an error message saying
unable to retrieve setup.ini file from the mirror, or a gcrypt illegal
tag at 60 error. The list archives mention a similar problem where the
setup file seems to have a problem.
Is there a way around this problem, or some other way I can install cygwin?
Did you try IE settings? How do you connect to the Internet?
You could also try version 2.602 from <http://cygwin.com/setup/snapshots/>
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
> Q: Are you sure?
>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>>> Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html