Re: HELP ... Get me out of here !!!

Paul McFerrin wrote:
Folks:
In the past several years, I have both subscribed and unsubscribed to "cygwin@cygwin.com" mailing list without any problems. For this last cycle, the incoming mail from cygwin users after an unsubscribed action has been greatly reduced. However today, I have received 27 mail messages from cygwin@cygwin. Why/how is this happening?

If anyone knows what I should do next please email me. I've been unsubscribed since this past April.

Paul,

If you're getting email from the list, then you are still subscribed to
it.  The simplest way to unsubscribe yourself is to use the
"List-Unsubscribe" field in any message you get from the list.  This
has all the information you need to tell the list server who to
unsubscribe.  If you're having difficulty with this, see
<http://sourceware.org/lists.html#faqs>.  Emailing here with your
problems is really not the proper procedure.  It basically pesters
every member of the list with your plea when you're the best one to
solve it (and everyone else really can't help).

Holliston, MA 01746