This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: group = (2**32-1) = 4294967295
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:56:50 +0100
- Subject: Re: group = (2**32-1) = 4294967295
- References: <491026C2.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Nov 4 02:41, Linda Walsh wrote:
> I've just noticed a bunch to several files owned by group 4294967295
> I reran the mkpasswd -ld & mkgroup -ld utils to make sure I had the latest
> entries in my passwd & group files.
> Any idea they correspond to? I don't have any known utils that try to
> set a group of "-1" and the files with the odd group setting don't
> appear to have been created by cygwin.
But you have the properties dialog in Explorer, or the cacls tool
on the command line to find out. If that's on Vista, it might be
the "TrustedInstaller" group which is neither a local group nor a
domain group. Don't ask me what the idea behind this group is.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html