This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bzr 1.8-1 -- Python based distributed version control
- From: Jari Aalto <jari dot aalto at cante dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 09:53:27 +0200
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: bzr 1.8-1 -- Python based distributed version control
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Home page: http://bazaar-vcs.org/
License : GPL (Bzr is part of GNU project)
Distributed version control that is used in projects like managing
Ubuntu packages <http://ubuntulinux.org> and it is one of the funded
projects of Canonical.
- Uses one .bzr directory at the top of the tree
- The user interface is simple and familiar to people with experience
from CVS or Subversion.
- Offers a choice between centralized and decentralized/diconnected work.
- Strong security. History can be GPG-signed to protect against
man-in-the-middle attacks, bad mirrors, server intrusion or data
CHANGES SINCE LAST RELEASE
INSTALL OR UPGRADE NOTES
Upgrade existing branches to new format with commands:
bzr info To see current repository format
bzr reconcile To correct metadata prior upgrade
bzr upgrade To convert repository to latest format
bzr pack To make repository faster
Following additional Cygwin modules can be also installed:
python-paramiko - for ssh/sftp support
python-crypto - required by paramiko
CYGWIN INSTALLATION INFORMATION
To install this package, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on the
<http://cygwin.com/> web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions. You'll find
the package listed in the "All" category. After installation, read the
documentation at directories:
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at <email@example.com>.
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
This message has been sent to cygwin-announce list.
If you want to unsubscribe from the mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
More information on unsubscribing can be found:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html