Re: User name problem

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 01:08:16PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>John Emmas wrote on 27 October 2008 12:58:

>> This suggests sending a blank email of the following form:-
>
>  I also noticed that the list-unsubscribe addresses are broken; I dropped a
>note to the overseers' list on Friday.  However, at least for me, the web
>interface /is/ working: read on.

They are not broken.  You missed this part:

  "Remember that your message is being interpreted by a computer not by a
  person so please use a blank subject and empty content in your message
  to reduce the risk of your unsubscribe attempt being interpreted as
  spam."

Not every message that is interpreted as spam results in a bounce
message.

There was also other pertinent advice before this:

  "First of all, always use the automated unsubscription mechanisms...."

Again, if you are having problems unsubscribing do not send them here.  Follow
the instructions from the FAQ.