Re: setup.exe won't update

Gary Johnson wrote:
On 2008-10-08, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

<snip>

Is the machine that's having problems using caching?

I don't know. What sort of caching do you mean?

I meant could it be accessing the web through a caching server. Sounds like it's not but I thought I'd throw it out there.

<snip>

On the troublesome machine, I changed from "Use IE Settings" to "Direct Connection", which is used by one of the other machines that works. I also changed the server to ftp://cygwin.osuosl.org, also used that same working machine. Then I renamed the "packages" directory to get all that history out of the way. I also saved copies of set.log and setup.log.full, and an "ls -l" of /etc/setup, for whatever good that might do.

Finally, I ran setup.exe with those changes. As expected, it listed a whole bunch of packages needing updates, including the grep and vim packages I knew about. I ran it to completion with no problems other than having to stop my cygrunsrv processes. It seems to be working fine now. Now we just have to wait for another update to some package I have and see if setup.exe recognizes the need to download it.

Well, since I'm sure you have all of Chuck Wilson's packages, you can try again now. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746