cygwin is slow with a new server setup

Hi,

we have a very strange problem here. We did setup a new RHEL5 server with KDE
and xdmcp. Accessing the box from other Linux hosts and displaying X is no
problem and works good:

Xnet -query <newserver> :1

and I can work as if it would be locally.

When we access the same server from Windows machines with Cygwin everything is
extremly slow. Keyboard input is only displayed after about 2 seconds.
Tracing on the network shows that cygwin only sends out the input after that
time and linux is responding immideately.

On the other hand: cygwin works as expected with other, older Linux machines
where RHEL4 is installed.

Any ideas where we can search for the problem. Any hints? Thanks for any help

Sincerely Yours,

Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff