Re: Where is cygipc?

Gustavo Seabra wrote:
Hi all,

I apologize for the stupid question... For on program I'm installing
(LAM) I apparently need to have ipc-daemon2 running, and should
probably be part on the cygipc package. I see the cygipc package
listed here http://cygwin.com/packages, but I cannot find it in
setup.exe.

Could someone point me to where I can find it there? Or I really need
to manually download/install it?

cygipc is obsolete. If you want to see it in 'setup.exe', you need to uncheck "Hide obsolete packages" on the "Select Packages" page. But I'd recommend reading the following FAQ :

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.programming.ipc>

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746