RE: __CYGWIN_USE_BIG_TYPES__

John Emmas wrote on 09 October 2008 10:40:

> which appears in /usr/include/cygwin/types.h
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

  Do not directly include files from this subdir, if that's what you've been
doing.  It is private.

> In other words, should I #define it to 0 for a 32-bit platform?

  Nope.  Don't define it any way at all, it's private.

> If not,
> what do I need to #include in order to get a valid type for _off64_t ?

#include <sys/types.h>

should give you a valid "off_t".  Whether it does that using an internal
private definition of "_off64_t" or not should not need to bother your code -
the leading "_" indicates implementation-private namespace in the C standard.

    cheers,
      DaveK