Re: setup.exe won't update

Gary Johnson wrote:

<snip>

I did some searching for setup.exe debug hints and found out about /var/log/setup.log.full, so I've attached a copy of that. I also looked in /etc/setup for any clues that might be there. The installed.db file includes the line,

grep grep-2.5.1a-4.tar.bz2 0

and the <Local Package Directory>/<server>/setup.ini files all contain "install:" lines for grep like this one:

install: release/grep/grep-2.5.1a-4.tar.bz2 154056 790070ff3cbf093d2c54796a5b0e3f2e

The final digit after the - varies, but all are version 2.5.1a. The latest package is grep-2.5.3-1. (I'm just using grep as an example.)

So does any of that help explain what's going on? Is there any other information I can provide?

Do the other machines that used the same mirrors to update successfully also use IE5 settings? Is the machine that's having problems using caching? There's obviously something different about that machine. 'setup.exe' may be tripping over the difference or it may just be telling you what it knows because of system shenanigans. If you can rule out something interfering, try getting rid of the local 'setup.ini' files and running 'setup.exe' again. Clearly, the files you have are old. Removing them out should help 'setup.exe'. But without knowing why the old ones aren't getting overwritten with the new ones, any victory may be short-lived.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746