Re: rxvt redraw issues with Virtual Dimension virtual desktop manager

--- John Hardin ha scritto:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>
> > --- John Hardin ha scritto:
> >
> >> {counts a few instances} *exactly* 19 columns at
> the left edge of the
> >> window are redrawn. The rest of the window is
> blank.
> >
> > I am using Virtual Dimension 0.94
>
> Same here. On Windows XP SP2.

same.

> > and I have not such problem with rxvt, nor in win
> mode neither in X11
>
> How are you launching an rxvt window?
>
> I launch mine from a desktop shortcut to this .BAT
> file:
>
> @echo off
> C:
> chdir C:\cygwin\bin
> set DISPLAY=
> start /min bash --login -i -c 'cmd /c start rxvt
> --geometry 132x60+20+20 -e bash'

There is no real need of a batch file
I made a simple link with

Target:     C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe  -e /bin/bash -l
Start in    C:\cygwin\bin

similar for rxvt on X11
Target:    C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe  -display
127.0.0.1:0.0  -fn 6x13 -fg white -bg black -e
/bin/bash -i -l
Start in    C:\cygwin\bin

similar for rxvt + screen

Target      C:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -e /bin/screen
Start in    C:\cygwin\bin

> How many virtual desktops do you have defined?
>
> Could you open an rxvt window on each desktop, put
> some content in them by
> doing something like "tail /etc/group", and switch
> between the virtual
> desktops? It may take a little while before the
> problem occurs.

4 desks.
I can create and move the rxvt's between the
various desk, with and without X11.

Same with cygwin 1.7

> Thanks!
>
> --