Emacs and Windows Vista

I've just tried to install and run cygwin emacs 21.2.13 under Windows
Vista. I installed the x11 binaries and emacs lisp src along with the
distribution.

I start the xwin server and run emacs and it just sits in the
background spinning the CPU. I've tried emacs -q, emacs-nox -q to no
avail, same result.

Is anyone else successfully running cygwin emacs on Vista?

I'm currently running NTEmacs but hitting certain trouble spots when
combining with cygwin (I've never got symlinks to work and certain
modes - fail when you try using them with the cygwin based
interpreters - e.g. pythonwith python.el/python-mode.el and ropemacs
for example). So I thought I'd try the native cygwin implementation
and see if the experience was any cleaner.

--
Darren