Re: sssssh . . . qmail-send is listening

David M. Besonen wrote:
On 8/20/2008 11:32 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

David M. Besonen wrote:

<snip>

sorry for posting to the wrong list but when i tried to
subscribe to the cygwin-xfree list the ezmlm mailing list
software decided i was a spammer and blocked my email
address.  i followed the instructions to unblock my email
address but i'm still blocked.
<http://sourceware.org/lists.html#spam>

well, i've cc:'d this message to postmaster_sourceware_org. is this the correct address? it wasn't explicitly stated on the above web page.

Yep.

<snip>

We'll need to know what you're having problems doing, since
the 'Cygwin/X User's Guide' should provide the information
you're looking for already.  So we'd need to know what about
those instructions aren't answering your question.

so there's no succinct check-list of steps for getting cygwin/x working that i could use to trouble-shoot my cygwin setup?

After installing Cygwin as the Users Guide suggests, you should have a working installation. If you do not, your best bet for help is to review the FAQs (<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/faq/> and <http://cygwin.com/faq.html>), the Users Guides (<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/> and <http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/>), and the Cygwin list archives (<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/> and <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/>). If you can't find help that way, then posting to the appropriate list with the requested information about your problem (<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>) is the best way to go. As far as a "check-list" goes, the FAQ is probably the closest to what you're thinking of.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746