Re: opendir/readdir failure on non-Samba Unix-hosted remote volumess

On Tue, July 29, 2008 16:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 29 15:55, Sam Nelson wrote:
>> On Tue, July 29, 2008 14:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> > I don't know
>> > how much time you want to invest, but if you want to, you will have to
>> > dig deeper:
>> >
>> > - First of all, disable setting dir->__flags |= dirent_get_d_ino in
>> >   fhandler_disk_file::opendir at line 1570.  This disables the
>> >   FileIdBothDirectoryInformation call entirely, so only the
>> >   FileBothDirectoryInformation call is left.
>>
>> Sorted!  As of that commenting out, `ls' works.  `echo *' is a bit more
>> Unix-like than it has been for a while, as well.  `strace ls' appears
>> trouble-free.
>
> What a luck.  So just using the info class FileIdBothDirectoryInformation
> plays havoc with TAS.  For the time being, I suggest to keep the above
> setting disabled and use that tweaked Cygwin in your environment.

I guess I can arrange that.  Building it from source turned out to be
relatively close to `as easy as falling off a log'.

> Here's one additional test I'd like to ask you to do for the sake of
> Cygwin 1.7.  Please replace the FileBothDirectoryInformation with
> FileDirectoryInformation and strace it again.  You'll suffer the crash,
> but until then, does the NtQueryDirectoryFile return successfully?

This will have to be tomorrow.

>> So, then, to whom do I have to be Really, Really Nice, to make that
>> official?
>
> That would be me.  I can add a special case for file systems choking on
> FileIdBothDirectoryInformation.

I'll look forward to it.
--
SAm.

--
Academic Excellence at the Heart of Scotland.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,