Re: Problems with file permissions and cp when running on Vista

--- Tom Quarendon  ha scritto:

> Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> > I'd start at the source.  Give yourself
> POSIX-style access to the files
> > to start with.  'cp' will preserve that access.
> 'cp' and many other
> > utilities don't take ACL permissions into account.
>  They are silently
> > ignored.  For whatever reason, it looks like your
> source file has no
> > POSIX permissions for user, group, and other.  Fix
> that with 'chmod'
> > and I think you'll have solved your problem.
> >

> I struggle to give myself posix style permissions.
> I have a file README.txt in the root of my build
> source tree:
> $ getfacl README.txt
> # file: README.txt
> # owner: Tom
> # group: None
> user::---
> group::---
> group:SYSTEM:rwx
> group:Administrators:rwx
> group:Users:r-x
> mask:rwx
> other:---
>
> If I then do chmod --
> $ chmod 755 README.txt
> chmod: changing permissions of `README.txt':
> Permission denied
>
> I can't modify the file with VI, but I can CAT it,
> so cygwin thinks I've
> got read access to the file somehow. Copy the file
> and I get no
> permissions at all.
>
> I do have write access to the file though as far as
> windows is
> concerned. If I look at the security properties of
> the file from Windows
> Explorer it looks as though I'm getting write
> permission on the file
> because I'm a member of "Authenticated Users" and
> that has write access.
> "Authenticated Users" doesn't appear in the output
> from getfacl. Maybe
> that's my issue.
>
> So I'm not sure how I set myself up with correct
> posix permissions on
> this file so that CP will work.

to manage ACL outside cygwin I found setacl useful

http://setacl.sourceforge.net/

it is a bit cryptic but solved some of my problems.

Sometime also psgetsid was needed, to have
the cross reference between SID and users

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897417.aspx

Regards
Marco

      Posta, news, sport, oroscopo: tutto in una sola pagina.
Crea l'home page che piace a te!
www.yahoo.it/latuapagina