Re: script

r wrote:

How can I execute a script at boot time ?
it's a simple retrieving email script with 'getmail'
[snip]

An easy way is to use cron, with 'crontab -e' add a line like this:

@reboot /bin/startup_retrieve_mail.sh > /dev/null 2>&1

Make sure the script is executable, the redirection is optional and perhaps shouldn't be used at the beginning in case there are error or unexpected messages, once its working you can put that in.

Also, why store the script in /bin ? That's unusual, I would keep /bin and /usr/bin clean, anything added should go either to /usr/local/bin (for a script that everybody can use) or ~<your-user>/bin (for private scripts).
--
René Berber