Re: postgresql: libpq4 and libpq5 collide

2008/7/21 Yaakov (Cygwin Ports):
> Both libpq4 and libpq5 contain the same /usr/bin/cygpq.dll file.
> setup.exe cannot handle a file coming from more than one package; this
> is bound to cause problems.

Yes, I did this on purpose, resp. all the libpq packagers don't
version their so's.
The postgresql team does not like versioned so's.
Version 5 contains all the backwards compatible functions from version 4.

I see no technical problems with setup.
First uninstall (remove it), the install (installs the new, which is the same).

Oops. You mean when you want to install both and then uninstall libpq4?
Hmm, maybe a preremove script for libpq4 is needed therefore.
But this does not help.
Or just a re-install of libpq5.

Probably best is to remove libpq4 when installing libpq5.
Can setup handle this? No. Hmm...
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/