Re: cron 00.27

r wrote:

I started cron ( with "cron-config" command, ( is it possible to configure it to start at win boot ? ))
Cron-config did that.

so I did once and from next time it will be started at boot time ? Because I did not find this information everywhere.

Yes it will start at boot time (if and only if you answered yes when cron-config asked you "Do you want to install the cron daemon as a service?"), you can check it in many ways:

- Running: cygrunsrv -Q cron
- Opening My Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services

but at 00.27 nothing appened. Did I make something wrong ?
You didn't learn to use cron:

man crontab

less /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron-4.1-6.README

I read the documents in /usr/share/doc/cron/, the cron manpages but they did not specify those informations.
Now I read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cron-4.1-6.README and crontab
manpage but again they don't specify those informations.
You are right about reading documentation, and maybe I had to
look on the web, but I was told that cygwin apps are not exactly
the same as linux apps. So looking in linux apps docs may be unuseful.

Cron under Cygwin is very close to the one usually distributed with Linux. I think the man page has all the information you requested, even some you didn't but should know to avoid mistakes like putting a file under /var/cron/tabs; the top of the man page tells you that crontab is the tool you should use, the alternative (inherited from Linux) is to use /etc/cron.d/ .
--
Renà Berber