Re: Problems with cygwin bash shell under NT Emacs

rolf wrote:

[snip]
Couldn't it be, that the Cygwin port of python has something to do
with it?

The point was that mixing a "native" application with a Cygwin app is probably the problem . Which one has to adapt to the other?

You should ask the NTEmacs list, tell them
about your TERM and TERMCAP environment strings, those look like the
real cause of the problem.
Thanks for the hint, I'll dig into TERM and TERMCAP

Just for reference, with XEmacs opening a shell:

sh-3.2$ echo $TERM
dumb
sh-3.2$ echo $TERMCAP
emacs:co#79:tc=unknown:
sh-3.2$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 18 2007, 16:56:43)
[GCC 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125)] on cygwin
>>> 2+2
4

sh-3.2$ echo $SHELL
/bin/bash

And, it seems I can't find a NTEmacs list alive. Is there one?

I don't know, I don't use it.

Cygwin has emacs and XEmacs, both work fine.
I don't remember why, but my Emacs life started with NTEmacs and I
haven't bothered to change that. Maybe now is a good time....

Something else, they don't require X Windows (Cygwin/X), the one I use, XEmacs, runs a GUI with or without X.

But the FAQ seems to endorse NTemacs:

http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.ntemacs
--
René Berber