1.7 constantly accesses floppy drive

Hi folks,

Following instructions on the list a couple days ago I installed Cygwin 1.7 on top of my fully updated 1.5 system by running:

http://www.cygwin.com/setup-1.7.exe

Since then performance has been abysmal. The reason is that for every command I execute, Cygwin causes the floppy drive to whir around, usually for at least a half minute, almost without cessation. Nothing gets done until this whirring stops.

This is on Windows XP SP3, fully updated. Cygwin is also fully updated. I always install/update everything whenever I run Setup. My /var/log/setup.log has entries going back to 2004 so there are probably a few barnacles on this system.

Cygcheck output is attached. I just noticed that according to the path it's looking for Windows on a: but it is, of course, on c:. I have no idea how this happened or, short of massaging PATH every time I start Cygwin, what to do about it.

I hope this helps,

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services