Re: Perl-5.10 on a fresh install reports unable to remap Glob.dll

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Reini Urban <rurban@x-ray.at> wrote:
> Dave Wombat schrieb:
>>
>> I did a fresh install of Cygwin on a Vista box.  I needed to add some
>> Perl modules so I ran
>>   Perl -MCPAN -e shell
>>
>> After the install began I got errors about remap.  Scanning the
>> archives showed that "rebase"
>> would help.  Further scanning shows that "rebase" is built into
>> install and no longer directly available.
>
> This is wrong. rebaseall is still required, and for perl very likely.
> I did a fresh rebaseall at base 0x52000000 onwards, but there are some still
> some clashes.
>
> Install the rebase package and follow the instructions in its README. In
> short: kill all bash processes and run rebaseall from ash
> --
> Reini Urban
> http://phpwiki.org/  http://murbreak.at/

Still no happiness.   I followed the instructions to best of my ability and got:

$ exec /bin/ash
\[\e]0;\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$ rebaseall
ReBaseImage (/usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll) failed with last error = 6
\[\e]0;\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$
\[\e]0;\w\a\]\n\[\e[32m\]\u@\h \[\e[33m\]\w\[\e[0m\]\n\$ ps -ef
     UID     PID    PPID TTY     STIME COMMAND
  wombat    8096       1 con  10:09:38 /usr/bin/ash
  wombat   8024    8096 con  10:11:24 /usr/bin/ps

So only ash is running.  I'm about to reboot to see if that bit of voodoo helps.