Re: chmod permission denied on windows 2008

----- Original Message ----- From: "Corinna Vinschen"
This seems to work fine, is there anything I should be aware of if we
looked to use this in production environment?

The mount points are now stored in /etc/fstab and /etc/fstab.d/$USER instead of in the system and user registry. There are also a couple of changes which we don't exactly consider ready for release. In theory, you shouldn't use it in a production environment yet.

Ooo thats a nice change :) I'd obviously like to avoid it but someones got to be first and if there is no way to fix chmod under 1.5.X it may be our only option. With this in mind I'll look to prep a full install and do some more in depth testing in order to determine if there are any show stoppers that would preclude us using 1.7.

One thing I did notice is that rebaseall fails with:-
/usr/bin/cyglsa64.dll: fixing bad relocations
FixImage (/usr/bin/cyglsa64.dll) failed with last error = 13

As a temporary workaround I renamed it to allow rebase to complete on
all but this file.

The DLL has been build with VC++ due to the lack of a 64 bit capable gcc for Cygwin. As long as this is the case, rebaseall will have to be changed to skip cyglsa.dll and cyglsa64.dll. For the time being, what you did is the right thing to do.

Hmm cyglsa.dll appeared to process fine could this cause an issue?

Btw., another workaround using Cygwin 1.5.25 would be to use password
authentication, at least as long as you're not logging in to a domain
admin account.  The latter requires tweaking /etc/group...

Unfortunately password based access it not an option here for a number of reasons, mainly as its used by a large number of automation scripts remotely.

I know its cheaky but I dont suppose you could shed any light on my
other thread regards 2008 support:-
"apache crashing on windows 2008 when listening on localhost"

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, most appreciated.

   Regards
   Steve