OpenMP and Cygwin

Dear ALL,

I would like to work with OpenMP-C++ on top of Cygwin.
I installed the LATEST full version of Cygwin.
when I tried to compile:
gcc -fopenmp pi.cpp

I got the message:  "cc1plus: warning: command line option "-fopenmp" is valid
for D but not for C++"

I found that the gcc version is 3.4.4 !? Is there any reason why the LATEST
version of Cygwin uses so old gcc version?
It seems that gcc version 3.4.4 does not support OpenMP.

How can install/update my Cygwin with the newest gcc version.

Thanks in advance.
Ami Marowka