Re: bash command not found

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback.

It turns out that I was accidentally specifying the installed_files
location as the Cygwin install root location during the extended
setup. As a result, the non-default binaries were getting placed under
installed_files instead of ...\cygwin\bin.

My apologies.

Everything seems to be functioning as expected now except that it
appears that some perl binaries in the installed_files location have
installed themselves as Windows services (my fault for trying to see
what happens if I execute perl.exe directly). As a result, I am unable
to delete a specific subfolder under installed_files. No biggie, but I
would like to clean up the unneccessary files under installed_files.
I've tried cleaning up the Windows registry and that allowed me to
delete most of the files. However, some files remain (they must still
be in use)and I am also worried about any other possible side-effects.
I tried booting XP in safe mode with command prompt but still wasn't
able to delete that last set of files.

Thanks,

Puneet