Re: Bash startup problems on Windows 2008 server

On Jun 25 10:20, Mark J. Reed wrote:
> I know this is a lame suggestion, but I figure it can't hurt to throw
> it out there anyway:
>
> Does explicitly running setup.exe as Administrator make any difference here?
>
> I wouldn't expect it to matter on Vista, but perhaps Server '08, in
> the name of heightened security for servers, doesn't do the automatic
> privilege escalation for setup programs?

In the cases I ran into this I was always running as Administrator.

As Corinna indicates this works sometimes and not others.  I've had success
on some Win2008 boxes and not others.  In particular I've had two boxes (one
32-bit and one 64-bit that have been problematic).  However, since I saw this
message I tried again and from the current released version this worked just
fine today (and this is after trying probably somewhere around 20 times over
a large span of time).

So the sensitivity on this one is just getting stranger as those systems have
pretty much been unchanged otherwise.  The only thing is that it has been kept
up-to-date with Windows Update.  Which could, of course, explain anything...

-- Eric