Re: Running fontforge.exe does nothing

Thanks for your replies.

Larry,

Thanks for the info. I think the maintainer of fontforge should have added it to the cygwin setup as a standard package, with the appropriate dependencies. That would have avoided the problem that I had (and more people in the future will probably have with installing fontforge on Windows).

Brian,

Thanks for your thoughtful analysis of email vs. Web forum as methods for discussing things. I agree with some of your points, but not with others. Since I am opposed to flame wars in a realtime information channel like this one, let me just say that I disagree but respect your position, and leave it there.

Perhaps the best solution would be for any information channel (like this mailing list) to offer a choice of either user interface. This could be done in some standard Open Source way, so no organization hosting a channel would have to do any additional programming.

I consider this thread as completed, with thanks again to David Korn for his great help.

David Spector