Re: setup.exe command line parameters

cuicui wrote:

You need to modify the "setup.ini" file, create "virtual" (empty)
package that belongs to the "Base" category and make all the additional
packages you want dependant of this virtual package by filling the
"requires" field.

Ok, so how do you keep the setup.ini from being downloaded every time you connect to the server?

My plan is to have a c:\cygwinSetup directory on my local server,
where I have the latest and greatest packages I need, and then
on each machine (usually vmware machines) that I need to install on,
I have a possibly different set of needs besides Base.

So one set of scripts grabs all the packages we need to the server, and
the other set of scripts builds the cygwin installation on the local
machines. This reduces the overall load on the mirrors.

I guess I'm actually implementing a local mirror for the packages, now
that I think about it. Is there a way to limit the scope of the packages
that I choose to mirror locally?

Ralph