Shift-Tab for Backwards Completion

I've used the solution below so that I can go back in the completion
list in Bash via the SHIFT-TAB keystroke. However, I can only get it
to work when running in an xterm window (where $TERM=xterm). It
doesn't work in the plain-ol' Windows console window (where
$TERM=cygwin).

The research that I've done has pointed me to termcap as a possible
suspect. Grokking termcap is going to take me a while. Before I go
down a possible dead end, does anyone have any comments on why
SHIFT-TAB doesn't work when running Cygwin/Bash in a Windows console
window? (By "doesn't work" I mean that SHIFT-TAB behaves the same as
pressing TAB by itself).

Here's the aforementioned solution for configuring SHIFT-TAB for
backwards completion:

http://klo-2k.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2872308BEB65CA67!521.entry

Thanks,

Frank