Cygwin app not receiving modified PATH env var

Hey all,

I have a program (native win32) that is capable of launching
sub-processes, using apr (apache portable runtime), which is essentially
a wrapper around CreateProcess in the Windows API.  My program creates a
modified environment (changes the PATH env var), and passes this new
environment to CreateProcess.

When I run a native Windows program, for example, a .bat script that
says "echo %PATH%", I see the correctly modified PATH env var.

When I run a Cygwin program, the PATH is the original unmodified path
(rephrased in cygwin format), maybe inherited from the parent process?
The modified PATH being passed to CreateProcess is not discovered by the
Cygwin app.

I would've expected the two to behave the same in this situation.  Has
anyone done anything like this before?  Is there a known issue here, or
is this a new bug?  Workarounds?

Thanks,
Mike

--