Re: MySql doesn't work in cygwin

Please keep replies on the mailing list.

Berable wrote:

I can access the my mysql running in windows from cygwin, instead of mysql
that I have installed in cygwin environment?

How can I do this? I prefer this way... but I'm newbie in this
subject....rssss

If you install the Windows port of the MySQL server from mysql.com, that will include the "mysql" command line program. You can use that from the Cygwin command line. If that's all you need, you don't need any special Cygwin support.

If you need to develop Cygwin programs that act as MySQL clients, see README-Cygwin.txt in the MySQL++ distribution for instructions on how to build a Cygwin version of libmysqlclient:

http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/

Those instructions are valid even if you don't use MySQL++.