RE: Cygwin - linker errors - __assert, __itob and __ftol

Dave Korn wrote (archived at http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-05/msg00643.html)
>Tim Prince wrote on 30 May 2008 23:48:
>> C S wrote:
>>> gcj -D__int64="long long" -shared -I C:\Apps\Java\jdk1.6.0_05\include
>
>>> the error i get is: gcj: cannot specify -D without --main
>
>> might be handled better on the gcc-help list.  I'm not expert enough to
>> explain why --main may be required when making a .dll, but I guess it
>> wants to know the entry function.
>
>  This is not your average -D option, then.

No it is a gcj-specific option (there is not prepocessing in Java)
>From  gcj.texi

@item -D@var{name}[=@var{value}]
This option can only be used with @code{--main}.  It defines a system
property named @var{name} with value @var{value}.  If @var{value} is not
specified then it defaults to the empty string.  These system properties
are initialized at the program's startup and can be retrieved at runtime
using the @code{java.lang.System.getProperty} method.\\\