RE: cygwin Digest 25 May 2008 15:30:48 -0000 Issue 5990

Gadi Oron wrote on 26 May 2008 06:50:

> The fault is that executing
>
> /bin/sh -c "cd <dir>"
>
> will fail for <din> in the working folder unless it has a preceding "./"
>
> For example
>
> $ ls -d Code
> Code/
>
> $ /bin/sh -c "cd Code; pwd"
> /bin/sh: line 0: cd: Code: No such file or directory
> /home

  Doesn't reproduce for me:

~ $ mkdir Code
~ $ /bin/sh -c "cd Code; pwd"
/home/dk/Code
~ $

> Since /bin/sh is a copy of bash, it seems that somehow my bash
> misbehaves when runnning in sh compatibility mode.

  Different startup scripts get run.

> What is strange that this only happens on one computer. On a second
> box I use with the same version this is not happening.

  I'm wondering if there's something peculiar in one of the startup scripts
on that box, or the environment.  Do you have ENV set perhaps?  Does adding
the "-x" flag to your test case show anything interesting?

    cheers,
      DaveK